In this article, you will find information on changing the Toyota Corolla 2009-2010 oil for the 2AZ-FE engine. In addition, you will also find out how to perform an oil inspection, change the oil filter, and use the appropriate type of oil.
Perform an Oil Inspection on Your 2009-2010 Toyota Corolla
Be Sure to Check the Oil Level on Your Engine
- Once your engine is warmed up, you can turn it off and let it sit for five minutes.
- Ensure the engine oil volume on the level gauge lies within the lower-level and full-level signs.
If the oil quantity is low, inspect for possible leaks and add more oil until the maximum point is reached.
Remember that the threshold indicating the full level should not be exceeded while you add engine oil.
Make Sure the Quality of Your Engine Oil is Checked
To accomplish this, you will need to inspect the oil for signs of degradation, such as the presence of moisture, discoloration, or thinning. If the condition can be seen to be inadequate, your oil should be changed.
Check Your Oil Pressure
Follow these steps:
- Take out the switch of the oil pressure.
- After that, ensure your oil pressure gauge is installed correctly.
- Next, start the engine and let it warm up.
- Check your oil pressure with the specifications. At idle, it shows a minimum of 29 kPa (0.3 Kgf/cm2, 4.3 psi), and at 3000 RPM is 170-300 kPa (1.7-3.1 Kgf/cm2, 24-44 psi)
- Ensure the oil pump works properly if the pressure isn’t as expected.
- Next, remove your oil pressure gauge.
- Put your oil pressure switch back on using a 24 mm deep socket wrench, torque 15 N·m (153 Kgf·cm, 11ft·lbf). The adhesive should be applied to two or three of the oil pressure switch’s threads. You may use Toyota genuine adhesive 1344 or Three Bond 1344, etc.
After the installation is complete, you should wait at least an hour before starting the engine.
- Next, attach the oil pressure switch connector properly.
- Check carefully for engine oil leakage.
How to Change Engine Oil on Toyota Corolla 2009-2010
Drain Your Engine Oil
Here are the steps to drain your engine oil:
- Take off the cap that covers your oil filler.
- Then take off the plug that covers the oil drain, and empty your oil into a container.
- Replace your oil drain plug using a replacement gasket (new), torque 25 N·m (255 Kgf·cm, 18ft·lbf).
Remove Your Oil Filter Sub-Assembly
- You can use SST: 09228-06501 (oil filter wrench) to remove your oil filter.
Install Your Oil Filter Sub-Assembly
To install your sub-assembly oil filter, you can follow these steps:
- First, make sure the surface of your oil filter installation is clean.
- Next, put some engine oil on the replacement gasket for your oil filter.
- To install your oil filter, start by gently screwing it into the engine until your oil filter can no longer turn.
- By using an oil filter wrench, you can tighten the oil filter. If there is sufficient space, tighten the oil filter with a torque wrench, Torque: 18 N·m (179 Kgf·cm, 13ft·lbf). However, you can also tighten your oil filter a 3/4 turn by hand or with a standard wrench if you don’t have sufficient space to use a torque wrench.
Add Your Engine Oil
The engine oil suitable for the 2009-2010 Toyota Corolla 2AZ-FE is ILSAC multigrade with the following viscosity:
It is possible to use either SAE 5W-20 or 0W-20 lubricating oils. On the other hand, SAE 0W-20 is your best option for decent savings on gasoline and an excellent starting performance in cooler temperatures.
With capacity depending on what you do as follows:
- Changing the oil filter in addition to draining and refilling the vehicle: 3.8 liters (4.0 US quarts or 3.3 imperial quarts)
- Drain the oil, then replace it without changing the oil filter: 3.6 liters (3.8 US quarts, 3.2 imperial quarts)
- Dry fill: 4.5 liters (4.8 US quarts or 4.0 imperial quarts)
The viscosity of the oil, the grade of the oil, and the style in which the car is operated all have an impact on the quantity of engine oil that is used.
When your driving behavior involves high rates of speed, continuous acceleration and slowdown, and other similar factors, the amount of oil used increases.
A modern engine requires extra oil.
Please consider that perhaps the oil may have turned diluted, leaving it impracticable to evaluate the actual level precisely.
This is something to realize when determining how much oil has been consumed.
Oil usage is maximum 1.1 quarts per 600 miles or one liter per 1000 km. Whenever you use more than it, immediately notify your Toyota dealership.
Friends, you can also read articles on how to troubleshoot P0010 on your Toyota Corolla.
When changing the oil in the vehicle, you always need to take some protection to reduce the chance that the skin may come into touch with waste lubricating oils. You can wear gloves and any protective clothes you have.
To clean the remaining oil from the skin, rinse it thoroughly using soap plus water or use a hand cleanser that does not require water. Avoid using petrol but also thinners and acids.
To safeguard the ecosystem, waste oil and filters must be stored at specially approved disposal facilities.