Hi guys, I will tell you about the 2018 Honda Civic key fob battery replacement in easy and quick steps.
You want to consider replacing your battery key fob with the new one if this happens:
- Whenever you find your Honda remote’s key fob range is getting shorter
- Your key fob is gradually becoming less effective
So you will do a battery change on a Honda remote head key to replace battery CR1620.
5 Easy Steps To Replace Your Honda Civic Key Fob Battery
So for this task, you’ll need:
- A small Phillips head screwdriver
- A flathead screwdriver
- A new battery for your remote head key
Steps to Follow
- So the first thing you need to do is get your Phillips screwdriver. Now notice the small screw on the back. You need to loosen it and remove the little screw. But be careful with these screws because it has a small size, and they are straightforward to lose if you drop them.
- Once you remove that little screw, you’ll see a notch if you look to one side. So what you want to do is put your flat screwdriver in that notch. Then it would be best if you turned your flat head screwdriver. That way, you’ll be releasing them, and you can also use your screwdriver to pull them apart. Then, afterward, you can go to the key blade, pry it from there, and pull it off.
- Looking at the back cover, you will see your old battery installed. However, looking closely, you will see a small slot with an arrow. So by using a flat screwdriver, you can pry the bottom of the battery and easily remove it.
- Take and install your new battery. First, you want to mount it correctly, with the plus side down.
- Finally, you can put the cover from your remote head key together. If you notice, on the back cover, there is a slight crease in that part. So, it would help if you started with the key ring first. Then once you get started, go ahead and snap it on. After that, you need to tighten the tiny screws using your small Phillips head screwdriver.
Ok, guys, those are the easy steps to replace the key fob battery for your 2018 Honda Civic. You don’t have to pay someone else to do it because you can do it yourself. In addition, your key fob battery is easy to find, and the price is not high.