Today we’ll tell you about the 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 front bumper replacement. You can also use this method for the 2014 – 2018 Ram truck models.
So, at least you need a panel popping tool, flathead screwdrivers, extension, 8 mm, and 10 mm socket.
How to Replace the 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Bumper
- The first thing you want to do is remove your grille. Open the hood and remove the black panel cover. Just above that, you will find six push pins. You can use a screwdriver or a panel popping tool and start to work from one side to the other. Once you get all those out, you can remove the cover.
- After that, use a 10 mm socket to remove the 4 bolts under the cover you have previously removed.
- Next, gently pull the grill to release the clip tabs that are inside. Do it gently; you don’t want to damage the grill or tabs that hold the grill in place. After you take out all the clips, you can pull the entire grill out.
- Now, you need to remove the headlights. To do that, you will move to the inner fender on the passenger side. There will be an access panel. You need to use a screwdriver or panel popper tool and remove the plastic panels.
- After opening the access panel, inside is a white tab that holds the back of the headlamps in place (you won’t actually see this part). But you can put your hand in there and feel it. Then push off the back of the headlight so you can pull it forward.
- Pull out the headlights and remove the bulb and harness from the back. Also, remove the light on the other side this way.
- Right below your headlight, there’s a 10 millimeter bolt. You need to remove it on both sides.
- Getting to the inside, where the rear of the headlights are, you’ll see another silver bolt sticking through the truck’s frame and bumper. You have to reach the other side and use 10 mm to untie the bolt. It would help if you did it on both sides.
- Now, on the inner fender on the passenger side, remove the 8 mm bolt that secures the fender to the bumper. Do the same on the other side.
- Before you can remove the bottom of the bumper, you have to remove the top. On the side, you will find a few pins. You have to pull it, and you can pull that side out. Along the front of the bumper, you will see the plastic holding clips. You can use a flathead screwdriver and push it down to release it. Do this along with the bumper, then pull gently to remove it.
- Unplug the harness wire from the bumper, such as sensors, fog lights, or others.
- On the driver’s side frame horn, three 18mm nuts need to be removed. You want to do it on both sides. After that, you can now pull out the bottom bumper.
- Replace the headlights in the same way you took them out. Make sure you get all the harnesses back on. You can hear a clicking sound when it snaps into place. Reattach the headlight’s front bolts. To make it easier, start both by hand first. Then use 10 millimeters to fasten it.
- On one of the passenger-side fenders, make sure you pull down the white tab that locks the headlight into place in the rear. After that, you can close it, then put the pin back in place, and do the same on the other side.
- Before replacing the grille, remove the front valence support and the two on the side under the headlights. To do that, you first have to unscrew the pushpin clip at the bottom using a pry tool to pull it out. Then also remove the two 10 mm bolts on each side. After that, you can pull the valence and do not reuse it.
- Remove the two side valence supports by removing the two 10mm screws on both sides.
- Put the grill back on, first align the four pins, two on each side, turning them into the push position until you hear a click.
- Replace the factory bolts and make sure the grill is aligned from side to side. Then once you have it in the middle, you can go ahead and screw that bolt down.
- Reinstall the panel cover by aligning all pushpins correctly.
- The final step is to remove the factory wiring harness from the factory bumper. So you can attach any bumper you choose. But it also depends on what you want. For example, you don’t have to remove the factory harness for fog lamps because you don’t want to use them later. Be careful when removing components and housing on the old bumper, as you will be using it again later.
Alright, now you are ready to install your aftermarket bumper.
Hopefully, this information is useful for replacing your own 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 bumper.
Also, you can read my articles about Dodge Ram Problems solution, such as: