The new BMW M5 is the Bavarian star of the high-performance executive sedan as part of the 5-series family. So it is no surprise that last July, soon after the 5 Series, the sixth generation M5 (F90) got a refresher.
We really didn’t think about the wild power surges or the revolutionary technology that made driving this executive sedan so much more enjoyable. However, the changes in the BMW M5 2021 aren’t too significant; this is only self-actualization to be recognized.
Considering how the car is 3 years old here since its launch in 2017, it needs a few design upgrades and extra features. Don’t ignore its competitors’ onslaught. There are new line-ups such as the Mercedes-AMG E-Class and the latest version of the Audi RS7.
BMW M5 2021 Exterior
The lamp design is now more dynamic, the model is the same as the BMW 3 Series G30, but the curves are simpler. The lamp has a sophisticated Dynamic Laser Matrix Beam technology.
BMW M5 2021 Interior
For example, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster screen is the same size as a multimedia center.
BMW M5 2021 Features
The Performance of 2021 M5
2021 BMW M5 Specs
- Dimension: 4.983 mm x 1.903 mm x 1.473 mm
- Wheelbase: 2.982 mm
- Storage space: 530 liter
- Fuel tank capacity: 68 liter
- Powertrain: BMW TwinPower Turbo, double-VANOS variable camshaft timing
- Engine: V8 4.395 cc, twin-turbo
- Power: Max 600 HP (M5) and 625 HP (M5 Competition), both @6.000 rpm
- Torque: Max 750 Nm @1.800 – 5.860 rpm
- Transmission: 8-speed M Steptronic
- 0-100: 3,4 s (M5) and 3,3 s (M5 Competition)
- Speed: max 305 km/h
- Drive: M xDrive intelligent AWD
- Front suspension: Adaptive M suspension double wishbone
- Back suspension: five-link axle lightweight aluminum
- Front brakes: M Compound brakes, six-piston fixed calipers, vented
- Rear brakes: M Compound brakes, single-piston floating calipers, vented
- Steering system: Electric Power Steering (EPS), M-specific Servotronic function, variable sport ratio
- Front tires: 9.5J x 20 light-alloy 275/35 ZR20
- Rear Tires: 10.5J x 20 light-alloy 285/35 ZR20
BMW M5 2021 Prices
The M5 facelift went on sale in August 2020 and is only available in a sedan version with two variants: the M5 and M5 Competition. Prices for the German market are:
- M5: €120.900
- M5 Competition: €129.900
Changes in the exterior and interior are not much, and the performance of the V8 twin-turbo engine has not changed. Although 600 HP and an acceleration of 100 km / h in 3.4 seconds are quite impressive.
However, driving with the latest features such as BMW Live Cockpit Professional, Setup and M Mode buttons, and the unique M5 Competition Track Mode will take you to a new BMW dimension.